Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog Post #13

How are you going to get your class involved? Search for activities and educational games you could use in your classroom. Then, tell how you would use them in your classroom.

There are some examples bellow, do some research to add to the list.

Social Studies Learning Games

Jump Start

learning is fun


I can remember playing all kinds of educational games as a kid. My mom would by them for me and my brother to help us with our math and reading. The one thing I remember is how much I loved it. Part of our job as a teacher will be to come up with fun educational game for our students to play. The reason that we should do this is, students will love learning this way and want to learn. They are also more likely to retain what they learn. There are so many websites to go to that have multiple game to choose from, and you can also choose the grade level you want to do.

Social Studies Learning Games
There are plenty of math games, but I have not heard about a lot of history games. On this website there are all kinds of games for many different subjects in history. I could use this in my classroom to help students learn quotes, presidents, inventor, and so muck more. I think that this website would be very enjoyable for the students, and they would not even feel like they are learning.

games


Jump Start
On this website you get to pick whether you want games for reading, math, science, and other subjects. I would use this website for students who might be struggling with any subject, not just to make them want to learn and improve, but to give them an incentive to work harder. I would also use these games for children who might have special needs, because it is visual and they do well with visual learning.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of mixing games into the lesson! You are right, we really do not see a lot of history games. What a great way to trick children into learning! lol Good job on your post!

    ReplyDelete