Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blog Post #10

I learned so much from Sir Ken Robinson. He talked about reforming education, and how every educational system is doing it. He said that instead of evolving it we need to revolutionize it. When he said this my question was, how? Well, he answered it later in his video. First he explained why it needs to be revolutionized, instead just evolving it. We need a complete new system, not an evolved broken one. The world has changed, so it is natural that education must change with it.

 Sir Ken Robinson

Sir Ken Robinson talked about two kinds of people. The people who love their job and what they do, and the people who hate their job. He said that we should strive to do something that is part of us and makes us happy. When I think about this not only do I think of myself, but I also think of the students I will teach one day. If they love what they do they will work really hard at it, and it is my job as the teacher to use tools and technology to engage them. He also talke3d about how we need to find things that work best for us and our classroom. Each student is different and we need to determine their strengths, and use them to help them learn.

love your job
He also talked about not living in the past. I have just recently understood what this means for education. I have been thinking that when I get in a classroom I will be teaching the students the same way I was taught, and this is completely false. Things have changed so much since I was in school and it is naive to think they have not. We need to focus on the future, and working to make our education system better.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Your blog post about Sir Ken Robinson was very informative. I agree with Sir Ken Robinson when it comes to people and loving or hating their jobs. As teachers, we must enjoy teaching because if we hate our job students will feed off that energy and come to dislike school. Our energy and love for our job will always reflect back towards our students. I also agree to what he says about living in the past. As a teacher, my goal is for me to teach in a way that I wish my teacher’s would have taught. I reflect on the past but only as a source of learning. We will not be fully prepared for the future if we do not learn from the past.

    ReplyDelete