Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

There are so many different tools for teachers to use for themselves and for their classroom. I did not realize, before I started to research for this blog, how many tools there are. There are tools only for teachers, tools for students, and tools for both to use. I found several that I like. The first one is Animoto, and it is a tool that allows you to create videos and presentations for your lessons or it could be good for projects. In my class I would use this to teach and also to get the students interested in projects by using this. The students could use it in a project to teach the class. I chose this tool because it would be a good way to liven up a classroom and a lecture. In Mobile County things move slower, so not every student has an iPad or MacBook to do fun things on to learn. This would be a good way to get kids interested in the class.

Hammer


The second tool I found is OpenStudy, and it is a study site where students can go to, and get in a study group. This allows students from all over the world to connect to each other and learn from each other. You can study for a test or just do homework. I would use this in my classroom for the connections it will give students. I will also use it, so that students have to think in order to help other students. I chose this tool because some students might be afraid to ask questions, but they are more likely to ask other students. This is a good tool for students to get help and make friends doing it. If they had this when I was in school, I would have used it all the time to study with people who are learning the same thing as me.

The third tool I found was Planboard, and it is a site just for teachers. As teachers, we need to be organized, and one of the things we need to organize is our lesson plans. We are not perfect, so of course some of us might not have the best organization. This site helps teachers organize their lesson plans so that the day runs smoothly and there is no panic about getting everything done. This site allows teachers to share their plans and ideas, and help each other teachers out. We all need help and this is a wonderful way to expand a teachers PLN. I chose this tool because I like being organized, and when I am not organized I feel lost. This site will help me make sure my lesson plans are in order and I can get ideas to make my teaching style better.

lesson plan


The last tool I want to talk about is Donors choose, and this site allows teachers to sign up and raise money for their classroom and projects that they might want to do. We all know that everything cost money, and school supplies are not cheap. This site is a good way for donors to give money for students. This allows teachers to involve their students in better projects that are exciting, and the teacher does not have to spend a great deal of money on supplies. I chose this tool because several people I know have used this, and it has worked well for them. I may not be a teacher yet, but I do know teachers go out of their way for their students. If that means spending money out of their own pocket then, so be it. This tool helps, so that teachers can keep their small paycheck and still get the supplies they need for their students.

piggy bank

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I enjoyed the resources you found and shared in your blog post you also did a nice job with the layout of the post with the pictures. I had never heard of any of the four resources that you found so thank you for your research and sharing. The last one is a really interesting concept to help generate funds for teachers for classroom use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OpenStudy is new to me. It looks like it could be very useful. I will try and add it next semester.

    Donors choose may have been used by a former EDM310 student now teaching in Mississippi. She used Donors choose or a similar fund raising tool to get science lab equipment.

    Good list! These tools seem to multiply like rabbits!



    ReplyDelete